Our class has the great opportunity to fund raise at the BYU home football games and at Stadium of Fire. We use these funds to support class activities, create class scholarships, buy class materials, and provide money to individuals for class field trips, books or travel.
How it works
- Students, parents, and others friends of the class may sign up to work each home BYU football game. Sign up in person in class or by directly contacting Mr. Duffin at email@example.com.
- Those working will arrive at the stadium about 3 hours before the start of the game. You will enter at the NW gate (Gate 5) by giving the security staff your name.
- You may meet the group in our counting room. If you do not know where that is wait in the NW area until you see some chair workers.
- We will work moving and renting chairs until about 15 minutes into the start of the game. You’ll be given more specific directions at the game.
- After being done renting and returning your money all workers are free to watch the game. You have no assigned seat, but may sit where there are open seats.
- After the game we work for about 45 minutes to regather and stack all the chairs. Then you are free to leave.
- All workers must be at least 13 years old. (There may be exceptions for those younger who are accompanied by a responsible adult.)
- Students in the Fusion class may work. Parents, family and friends of students may work.
- All workers must be responsible to follow instructions, arrive on time and carry out assignments. Workers who do not carry out instructions will not be welcome to work future games.
- Adults are welcome and encouraged to participate. We often have families come to help support the school and then enjoy the game as a family activity.
How does the money work?
Those working the games during the 4 hours of work will be earning money for the Fusion class. All monies go directly into the Fusion class funds at ALA. A portion of the money earned (likely $20 – $25 depending on the game) will be earmarked for the use of the student. That student may use those funds for any Fusion class item including the Shakespeare trip, field trips, books, etc. Any unused earmarked funds at the end of the year will be a donation to the class and used for class materials. The rest of the money earned by the group will be used for class activities, scholarships, and class materials.
Family and friends who are not students of the Fusion class may earn money for those in the class. For instance, if a student, her dad and an older sister came to work the game they would all get admission to the game and would earn $60 – $75 for the student to use in class.
We have a limited amount of people we can pay for each game. It is not uncommon that additional people want to come help just to provide extra help and to get into the game for free. We welcome this as long as workers come to work and understand they will not receive earmark money to use for class items. If only volunteer spots are available you will be told as you sign up.
BYU Home Football Schedule
September 17, 8:15 p.m. (arrive 5:00 p.m.) vs. UCLA
September 30, 8:15 p.m. (arrive 5:15 p.m.) vs. Toledo
October 14, 8:15 p.m. (arrive 5:15 p.m.) vs. Mississippi State
November 12, 1:00 p.m. (arrive 10:00 a.m.) vs. Southern Utah
November 19, TBD (arrive TBD) vs. University of Massachusetts
November 26, TBD (arrive TBD) vs. Utah State
(Workers work about 2 hours after the last game for clean up and receive extra earmarked funds.)
For more information
Contact Mr. Duffin directly in person, at ALAfusion@americanleadership.net, or via Remind texting.